Tuesday, June 13, 2006

armed evil

math. one of the cruellest subjects ever to be created solely for the purpose of torturing and making the poor sufferers of this subject mentally retarded.
which brings me to my subject: engineering mathematics.
my day started almost normally. i woke up earlier than usual due to strange dreams. stranger than usual at least. which, were probably were caused from overeating the day before or nerves which caused my overindulgence in food the day before.
anyway... as there was no possible way i would get back to sleep, i decided to study. sort of. i ended up watching music videos instead.
exam halls (usually) are ridiculous. they make it so frigging cold that me, bad circulation and all, usually turn so blue that it's scary. i almost look as if i had been suffocated and some puppeteer is moving my limbs around. hell, my fingers and toes turn blue. even my lips do. walking corpse
so, in order to have full use of my limbs to do my exam, i dressed warmly. note: warmly. means, i wrapped myself up nicely in jackets and was even contemplating bringing a scarf to wrap my nose and gloves for my hands. not that i did.
and so, i left for uni. and it begun to rain. not the sweet, slow, romantic drizzle rain. i'm talking about the psychotic, horizontally moving missiles that are supposedly raindrops. my umbrella, being the perpectually broke person i am, is pretty light and has to be opened in a certain way for it to be used (read: cheap) dragged my sorry ass to uni.
and so, trekking miserably in the rain to uni, some idiot car decides to drive really fast and splash water on me. come on, give me a break. i know u're probably in a hurry to get somewhere but hell, u're in a freaking CAR! it's totally shielded from the rain. drive a LITTLE bit slower so that pedestrians like me don't get pools of muddy road water tossed in their face. ok. so it didn't fly into my face but still, it's kinda miserable being wet.
and so.. in the classroom doing my math exam. damn, the classroom's hot. the aircon wasn't even on. at least i doubt it was. it was so damn stuffy. where the hell does our ridiculously exhorbitant fees go? they definitely don't go to our labs (we PAY for our own lab materials AND still have to pay a 2k lab fee =/). they dont' go to the student lounge either (2 pool tables with 3 ques and one foosball table. but all three are constantly not in functioning order)
conclusion: monash is totally ripping us off

math was ok. although i have a nagging feeling i'm gonna probably manage juz a credit =(
whoever implemented the rule that students aren't allowed to use calculators for a MATH exam and ENGINEERING math at that should be shot. and stabbed. and shot again for good measure. i mean, come on, move forward into the 21st century! who doesn't use calculators for exams?!?!
*note to readers: i've become so totally calculator dependent since high school. even dividing numbers like 1234436 by 10 gives me some pause. i need a calculator to work. and think. actually, i need it so that i don't need to think. =p

anyway, i left the hall early. it's currently 4.41. i left at 4. the exam was suppose to end like... now. haha. there's absolutely nothing left for me to do in the math exam hall. i don't know what else to write. i juz wrote a hell lot of formulas, plugging in numbers and hoping for the best. lol
2nd ODE -_-"
1st ODE -_-""
implicit differentiation -_-"""
integration by parts -_-""""
matrix and vectors -_-"""""
convergence and divergence and their proving -_-"""""" WTH?!?!?!

there is no hope left for smurf-kind =(
oh well. a credit will be good =) at least my internal results are pretty good
i can't wait to get back to pg. before my sister heads off. why are medical schools so strange? their holidays are like totally WRONG. =/
and.. hopefully.. i'm invited on the annual family holiday this time (i haven't been invited for the past 4 yrs. i don't complain. except that now all my friends aren't in pg, i might as well go for a nice holiday) whee.. a cruise! yay! now.. if only i were invited *musing*

looking at my current monetary status i'm sorely tempted to get a job. i'm broke. again. and not only clothes and baskins ok? there's only like 50bucks left. and i need to top up my phone. and i need cash to get back to pg. buy my bus ticket. and stuff. *sigh*

to my certain friend there, be happy. be strong. things will work out. eventually =)

may the force be with incompetant fools,
cheers

4 comments:

chin kimg said...

but i love math!!!

| j-ann* | said...

when it's un-understandable, math is pure evil. lol

chuk.. wat's ur blog site again? sorry. i lost the link when i redid my blog. *paiseh*

| j-ann* | said...

when it's un-understandable, math is pure evil. lol

chuk.. wat's ur blog site again? sorry. i lost the link when i redid my blog. *paiseh*

Amy said...

thanks gal..
Luv Ya!
n u take care too.. =)