Wednesday, December 13, 2006

by request

yea, as requested by few ppl, i shall blog about work.

yes, for those of you who don't know yet, the amazingly lazy and forever job-less smurf (yours truly) got a job as an audit trainee couple of weeks back.

so, my work involves checking through mounds and mounds of files, cheque stubs, sales and purchase invoices, inventory lists, ledgers, etc. i cross check it to the client's accounts and correct any mistakes i find. i do vouching to make sure the client isn't siphoning cash to his/her/their own pocket. i then find out how the client stands in the new financial year.
i also sometimes (although not yet.. i think couple of weeks from now) have to go do stocktake. i'm rather excited about that. THAT involves going to the client's factories and warehouses and do a physical stocktake on their inventory.
my work also involves a lot of secretarial work like answering phones, photostating what i need, shredding paper (no paper shredder in the office and we're being environmentally friendly coz we RECYCLE our own stuff), typing out letters, faxing letters to clients, etc.
it's a small office and hence, no secretaries. just auditors that multitask.

and since i'm a newbie, weilin (she's my handler *cough* sounds so.. CIA. haha) let me audit the files of a relatively small client (of course, she monitors my work and helps me out coz i'm rather dumb and dense at all this). so, after one week of auditing their stuff, i find myself woefully free (yea, i completed my very first audit! *bows* i shall of course ignore the fact that i didn't do anything bout tax and the other harder stuff)
freedom has its drawbacks. i've got nothing to do! reading mags is extremely hard coz i sit with my back facing the front entrance so clients can see if i'm NOT doing work (and hence i can't read mags). i can't use the computer (and hence, the internet) as i'm not important enough to have my own console. and so, i have found myself a new hobby. tarots.
yes, tarots. the book is small enough to hide among the files and so i am now the office 'sampo' and have taken over junny's spot *cough* (that sucks)
she tells me it means 'fortune teller'. i hope she's telling the truth. *lol* 'sampo' sounds awfully akin to 'sampat' and the 'sampat' one shouldn't be me. coz that particular spot has already been taken. *lol* found a tarot set in my office coz weilin got bored of it. yes, i now know the difference between 'death' and 'the sun' and 'the lovers' etc. as well as which is the worse card in the deck (and hence the worse omen of luck one can get) as well as the best. reminds anyone of divination?
my drawing skills have also improved. as i said, freedom has its drawbacks. you've got nothing to do!

and i also met the office's 'bond'. he's a greasy dude who wears crocs. yer, i know, nothing like bond. in-office joke. i've yet to get it.

and i shall be meeting ah-lee tomorrow. he's some dude who i've never met but for some reason, my colleagues (the girls) always make fun of him. makes me curious.

working isn't too bad. my colleagues are all extremely sweet, friendly and helpful. its easy to forget that you're the newbie who knows nothing at all there.
it's just kinda boring. i really really want to sleep in. it's holiday! =(

in the mean time, i shall leave you all with some photos of me during one of the meetups one of those days.

group pic

amy

nianz and amy

ms. chuen

may the force be with tarots,
cheers~

3 comments:

| j-ann* | said...

*cough*
someone told me that sampo means talisman.
my hokkien sucks. can anyone enlighten me?

thomasting said...

sampo sounds like an old chinese auntie.

*runs away*

| j-ann* | said...

really?
nooo!!!
i refuse to be old aunty. lol
*smacks thomas's head*

lol