Thursday, June 07, 2007

a charmed life

yes, i know i'm always a little black cloud of doom when it comes to exams.
it's just how i am.

however, in vein with the 'think positive' email jien sent, i shall try to take a more happy outlook on my life at the moment. i don't think it really totally applies to me coz it says stuff like i am thankful.. for the husband who snores all night, because he is at home asleep with me and not with someone else.. or for taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed..
some do though. so i'll copy those that do apply to me and throw in a few of my own.

.. i AM thankful for..
  • the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat
  • a floor that needs sweeping because it means I have a home
  • the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear
  • weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been capable of working hard
  • the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am still alive. albeit with exams to do ='(
  • receiving personal and meaningful messages because it means I have friends who are thinking of me
  • to be able to study because it means my parents still give me a choice in doing what i want with my life and support my decision
  • feeling broke at the end of my monthly money cycle because i know i spent quite a bit of it on retail therapy or having fun with my friends
  • being a little lonely for home sometimes but knowing that there are many people out there who care for me
  • not having enough time because it means i have so much to live for
hmm. ok. my life is more semi-charmed than charmed. there are still a few glitches in it and i know there are more to come. lol. at least i should be thankful i'll be alive to have glitches right? lol
1 exam down, three more to slog through. couldn't finish my law paper. now i know why the failure rate is so effing high (30%)! it's not actually hard.. there's just not enough time!! *sobs*
give me a hug and tell me everything will be ok.

may the force be with being thankful..
cheers~

No comments: