Monday, March 10, 2008

a mth fourteen.


hey girl, guess what? penang's opposition now. i know you would hv been glad and laughing that loud voice of yours, griping that you weren't old enough to vote yet happy coz the rest of the penangites finally found something to fight for.

it hits me that i will seriously never have given a damn about politics except for you.

you would have been laughing at me bubbling that i found my house, washing machine, fridge and dryer and my 'i-am-a-genius- dance' and that i managed to get my always wanted queen-sized bed. you would have been making fun of me about the reasons of wanting to get a larger room and giving me tips on how to save my never-enough allowance. you would hv been going 'ooh! perth now, girl !' and telling me your age-old advice about nvr visiting the guy first. i'm sorry dear, i didn't follow that particular advice.
you would have loved my room, it's all pink and white striped - just your thing. i wish you could have stayed in it, you were supposed to this coming june. in fact, i'm sure you would have loved how my new place is shaping up.

i dreamt about you and it seemed so surreal, it seemed that nothing had changed, you were still within grasp. read amy's post and it made me cry again.

1 month and 14 days. i still wish you would answer your phone.

i read somewhere that you should not say the name of the dear departed, they might feel tied to earth somehow and not find peace.
i try not to say your name, but i hope you know we always love and think of you.
i hope your family's better now.

love, ann.

No comments: