Wednesday, February 13, 2008

globbley blobbley ganglion! (!!!!!!)

if i ever got abducted by aliens, the OT will be how i imagine it to be.. all the walls are light blue and there's a bright light overhead. that was quite possibly the weirdest two hours of my life. reached at 1.30pm where i changed to the hospital gown (OTs are sterilised for good reason.. can't even bring hps in in fear of contamination!) and went to OT2. dr. goh came in, swabbed my forearm with this super foul smelling yellow liquid which i bet is iodine-based, they put a tourniquet, injected me with local anaesthetic (which bloody hurt, fyi), put a screen so i'd not need to freak out at them cutting up my wrist, and, op begins!

kinda hurt in between when they were excising the cyst coz the anaesthetic doesn't penetrate and they only apply MORE anaesthesia as the op is underway.. but u can't quite feel ur forearm.. so it's like phantom limb pain.. weirdest feeling, getting pain from something you don't feel is part of your body. could even feel my pulse at one point, like my wrist throbbing with my heart which dr goh said is coz they're cutting quite near my major artery, wth (keep getting flashbacks of chim telling me they'd to cut off my hand coz they cut wrongly, wth). by time they were done i could not even feel my fingers (coz of the tourniquet) so they've to literally hold my arm to help me get around.. my body felt kinda lopsided, with one side gone.. lol

the aftereffect is i can't even flex my fingers on my left hand coz it pulls on the stitches and hurts! eventhough i'm taking some cocktail of painkillers (which kinda dulls the pain to a constant throb). i also can't type and so messaging and msning's a total bitch. can't even unbuckle stuff properly, meh. plus it looks like i psychotically tried to cut my wrist, noes!

that pink glob's the excised ganglion.. and you wonder how such a damn big thing stays under ur skin

now i got a miku hand to challenge my sister's miku foot! (i shall add that pic when i get back to melb)

see baby? bloo's useful =p and cute to boot

okay, it's too tiring to type. night!

oh, and hv a good v-day toos, ppl! =)

may the force be with ganglions! (not)
cheers~

p/s: post title's retarded but i look like i got into some serious shit fight so some retardness shall be forgiven =p
p/p/s: remember to sign petition at buscrashnomore!

No comments: