Thursday, December 30, 2004

flight of thoughts and tsunamis

my com's spoilt.. as in so totally spoilt, i can't even turn it on.. *sniff* lucky my bro is letting me use his com.. only in the afternoon though.. nvm, it's better than nothing.. long time since i've upgraded my blog.. hmm.. let me gather my thoughts and go back into the past.....
ok, nth interesting happened for some time so i'll skip straight to christmas eve.. coz that's when i actually did something.. i went for the christmas eve countdown thing.. my goodness, i think this might be my first and last time going.. it was kinda boring and everyone there was like a little mad.. spraying everyone else (even the ppl they didn't know) with conffetti and attempting to make a white christmas.. oh, more like a multi-coloured christmas... i doubt i'm made for crowds.. felt so claustrophobic so went to take refuge in secret recipe where one of my friends is working.. so my girlfriends and i talked to him.. and avoided the mess of sardines (cars and people alike) lol, thankfully, me and my two girlfriends i was with escaped unscathed (and reasonably clean)
christmas day! when for my friend's party where i got to meet up with some of my friends and of course.. a friend whom i haven't met since prom nite... coz she's always out.. lol but she's going back to kl.. oh well.. nice to meet up with her again after so long.. . really really missed her.. ahaha.. die liao me... cannot live without my friends.. now my college starting (jan 3rd) i'm really really alone.. thank goodness got one of my bestest buds there.. so my sanity will be salvages somewhat.. ahaha
my sister came back.. so spending lots of time with her b4 school reopens.. or more like college reopens.. went for the open day juz now.. *sigh* i'm one of the few english school ppl there.. most are from chinese schools... oh well, time to broaden my horizons.. classes startin on monday.. my goodness, the lecture hours are freaking long.. classes start at 8 and end at 4 pm.. on some days, they end on 5.30.. and no breaks in between safe for the one hour break for lunch.. haih...
newest news at the moment... tsunami! there was tremors at bout 9pm.. didn't feel it. thought my friend was joking when he msged asking whether i felt the tremors... but after a while, i believed it coz i kept on getting updates from different ppl telling me the effects of the tsunami across the globe.. at that time i was driving (under my instructor's supervision) and he kept on like shaking his head and all (during the two hour duration, i got 7msgs and 1 phone call) a note to new drivers... instructors don't like ur phone to ring during lessons.. ahaha...
driving was kinda fun.. got to go on the road.. but my driving isn't too good.. have a tendency to si hoay.. ahaha.. and at traffic lights (haven't si hoay b4 then) i'm pretty slow at changing gears.. makes lots of ppl horn at me.. ahaha
back to the tsunami.. i was so thankful that no one i knew was involved... i mean some of the ppl i know had their cars getting spoilt but no one i knew died or got injured... *phew*
heard that penang club and penang swimming club got the tidal waves pretty bad... the ppl in penang swimming club (from wat i heard) were pretty lucky.. coz the first wave only started making things crack (that's when ppl started running) and after everyone was safe, then only the second wave struck..
may the force be with those who suffered from the natural disaster that's taken the life of thousands...
cheers~

1 comment:

| j-ann* | said...

the comments will appear after a while. u can visit them by clicking on the '1 comment' option at the bottom of each post.. unless the person doesn't allow postings on their blogs